Adding firewall rule erases config

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

dsalch

Adding firewall rule erases config

Post by dsalch »

I have a very weird problem, and cant figure out why or what to do.

Whenever I add a firewall rule for download, hitting save erase all or most of the rules. I have to restore form a previous config to get them back. It doesnt seem to matter what rule I add, any do it. I can change anything else on any screen and it doesnt cause a problem.

it also happens if i change an existing firewall rule.

I do notice that when a rule is added, and hit save, the page comes back almost instantly instead of waiting for a while as usual.

What can i send to help figure this out?

fifonik

Re: Adding firewall rule erases config

Post by fifonik »

Some details like your hardware, gargoyle version, browser used might help.

Have you tried to reset gargoyle and start to add a few firewall rules from the scratch to check if you still hate the issue?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Do you have any quotas in use?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

encro

Post by encro »

Do you have more than 1 instance of Web pages logged into the Router? This happens with the QoS Settings so I'd assume it may be the same reason for the same issue occurring on the Firewall page.
Netgear WNDR3700v4 (N600) - Gargoyle 1.14.x
D-Link DIR-835 - Gargoyle 1.7.1 (Deceased)
Manual set up for PIA's OpenVPN in (Private Internet Access): https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9129&p=45410#p45410

dsalch

Post by dsalch »

sorry for the delayed response.

here is some basic info:
Device Name:Gargoyle
Gargoyle Version:1.10.0
Model:TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v2
Device Configuration:Gateway
Memory Usage:18.6MB / 59.6MB (31.2%)
Connections:315/4096

I have not tried adding rules from scratch, what I was doing was restoring from last known config, which of course populates all the rules. Then attempt to add or change one and it erased them.

NO to the quotas, have never used those.

YES to the multiple log-ins! I routinely log into the console from 2 pc's and a smartphone, and it is quite common to have 2 or 3 connected at once. Is that a bad thing? Is there a way to tell from the console if another computer is connected and boot them? A reboot of router does not always seem to work as chrome automatically logs back in as soon as the router comes back up.

dsalch

Post by dsalch »

I logged out and closed all other sessions of the admin console, and it worked! i was now able to freely add / change firewall or QOS rules. that must have been it.

thanks!