Problem with quotas setup

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

alepou

Problem with quotas setup

Post by alepou »

Hello all,

I am a new member on gargoyle forum.
I've installed Gargoyle 1.10 on a Asus WL-500gP and have been very happy with it.
Actually it is working as access point. The network cable from my main 3G modem/router is plugged into a LAN port of the Asus.

I'm trying to use Gargoyle to limit my 3G data monthly quota (2GB). The scope is: When all the wireless & wired devices reach the max total up+down 2GB quota shutdown the internet access.

I perform many attempts/tests using several quota settings without success unfortunately:

Some examples:
I set up a quota with the per user (only the following hosts) total U/D max to 0.5MB/every hour and then shutdown the internet access
I set up a seperate quota for Entire Local network with total U/D max to 0.5MB/every hour and then shutdown the internet access

How can I do this with my wonderful new friend?
Can you please advice?

Thank you in advance,

Lantis

Re: Problem with quotas setup

Post by Lantis »

You need to be operating through the WAN port (and therefore the Gargoyle firewall) to have any of these features work.
Please reconsider your network topology
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

alepou

Re: Problem with quotas setup

Post by alepou »

Lantis wrote:You need to be operating through the WAN port (and therefore the Gargoyle firewall) to have any of these features work.
Please reconsider your network topology
Thank you for your quick feedback!
I will check it again I will come back.
I think I will create a secondary subnet (192.168.10.xx) on gargoyle router using the WAN port.