QOSMON v2.3 Released to repo (ACC)

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

d3fz

Re: QOSMON v2.3 Released to repo (ACC)

Post by d3fz »

pbix wrote: 2) It is now possible to reset the link speed to the initial value from the command line without restarting QOS. This is done by sending the SIGUSR1 signal to the QOSMON process. People might make use of this feature in scripts written to handle certain situations. I will be interested to hear examples from users of how they used this feature.
Hi,

Would you mind sharing how to make use of the "SIGUSR1" signal to the QOSMON process(command, syntax, arguments, etc)? I'd like to call such functionality when clicking on a button, "Refresh QoS" for example, where I'd place inside the ACC section.

Up until recently, i find myself resetting QoS quite a lot (by simply clicking on "Save Changes" without changing anything), so I can bring my fair link limit up to it's default value whenever it gets "stuck" in a really low value for an extended period of time (doesn't happen a lot, but it happens).

Thank you for any help you can offer.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

kill -SIGUSR1 $(pidof qosmon)

Should do the trick. I have had in the back of my mind adding a button to do just this.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Lantis wrote:kill -SIGUSR1 $(pidof qosmon)

Should do the trick. I have had in the back of my mind adding a button to do just this.
Thanks Lantis.

Yes, I guess that such feature would be helpful to other people as well.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Fantastic work on the new QOSMON, pbix.

It's a lot smoother when decreasing the Link Limit, which also now takes way longer to actually happen, even when the link is at full capacity. It's also a lot faster when bringing it up to it's default value.

No way I could reach full capacity without ACC bringing the Link Limit down a little bit, every 5 seconds. Now it just stays there, even with dropped responses***, no problem.

***When there's no response, there's a minor typo when ACC shows e.g. "dropped response, assuming 100mS".

Took a screenshot to show ACC working flawlessly (with 3 active classes) while hammering my connection at full capacity. At the time, I was torrenting TV episodes, watching YouTube in HD on the SmartTV, and browsing "snaply"/smoothly like if the link was totally free.

If only more people knew about Gargoyle's QoS, there would be an instant "peace at home" with the family... :lol:

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

PR submitted to add this to GUI
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Lantis wrote:PR submitted to add this to GUI
I've just tried it, and works great. Fast, simple and effective.

Thanks, Lantis!