QoS: Can Total DL/UL BW values be retained?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

rseiler

QoS: Can Total DL/UL BW values be retained?

Post by rseiler »

1) Configure QoS (DL), including setting "Total Download Bandwidth" to what's right for you.
2) Save settings
3) Uncheck "Enable Quality of Service"
4) Save settings
5) Check "Enable Quality of Service"

Notice that the all-important "Total Download Bandwidth" value is back on the default of 3200 (320 if you're on UL).

Everything else on the page that I configure is kept, but this is not. If it can't be remembered when disabling/enabling, maybe default to something that won't cripple a connection (at least most connections these days) if unnoticed--which could easily be the case, since it's WAY down the page and completely unexpected.

I wonder if it actually should be much higher on the page.

d3fz

Re: QoS: Can Total DL/UL BW values be retained?

Post by d3fz »

I can confirm this behavior. It would be good if those values were retained, because setting up total bandwidth for upload can take some time to get it right.

+1 for moving "Total Bandwidth DL/UL" option to the top, above the classification rules table, for example. And also moving "Default Service Class" option to where "Total Bandwidth DL/UL" is currently at, below the Service classes table.

Does it make more sense?
Last edited by d3fz on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

rseiler

Re: QoS: Can Total DL/UL BW values be retained?

Post by rseiler »

I hadn't thought of your last idea, but it makes total sense to me.