Bandwidth Monitoring - Stopped/Inaccurate?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

rnc80

Bandwidth Monitoring - Stopped/Inaccurate?

Post by rnc80 »

I flashed Gargoyle 1.9.2 on my TP Link Archer C7 v2 router about Oct 9th. All seemed to go well with no issues!

I installed the software primarily so that I could track and control bandwidth usage by my daughter who consumes data like oxygen. In total we have been going over our 240 GB data cap routinely of late....she was using over 100GB a month. Anyways, installed Gargoyle and set up dhcp reservations for every IP/device on my network, put her on data rations 3 GB per day, and then since have periodically downloaded the "bandwidth usage" total located in bottom right corner of bandwidth usage page.

Initially it was giving routinely updated data usage information per IP. Then I noticed the data amounts stopped changing/updating. The numbers have been static for a week or more now...not exactly sure what day they stopped updating but they have. I now download a new sheet to excel and same data amounts used....day after day The graphs on the bandwidth usage pages still continue to show usage each day...but when I download it to view in excel the same numbers/totals are there as the day before.

My ISP billing cycle starts on the 16th and goes through the 15th each month and my goal is to be able to monitor the total usage periodically throughout the month in order to keep track and not have overages.

Anybody have an idea why my excel download from the router would have stopped? Do I need to adjust a parameter on the bandwith usage page?

Thanks

Lantis

Re: Bandwidth Monitoring - Stopped/Inaccurate?

Post by Lantis »

Have you restarted the router recently?
Usually when the bandwidth module plays up it is because the firewall has gotten into an unexpected state. A reboot will get tings back in order.
If this was happening I would expect the graphs to have also stopped working so I’m not entirely sure if your situation is different.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.