Quota shows zero usage, along with no bandwidth usage

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

hemustbeaboss

Quota shows zero usage, along with no bandwidth usage

Post by hemustbeaboss »

Hello guys/gals. I recently updated to 1.8.1 and have run into an issue regarding quotas. I have set up quotas for all users, along with explicit IP addresses to limit the usage to 1Gb. However, I am able to connect to the router, use the internet and It shows that no internet is being used by the devices: the quota remains at 0%. I have assigned static IP addresses and have still had no luck. The quotas are active at all times, refresh every month, and still does not seem to catch and monitor any of the internet being used. any ideas on how to rectify this?

Lantis

Re: Quota shows zero usage, along with no bandwidth usage

Post by Lantis »

What connection settings are you using for the router?
It sounds like you've not got it in gateway mode.

Please post a screenshot of your Connection -> Basic page (remotely, and link to here)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

tapper

Re: Quota shows zero usage, along with no bandwidth usage

Post by tapper »

I have seen this before. That time, the internet was plugged in to a lan port instead of a wan port witch bypassed the firewall. To start off I think you should update to the latest build of 1.9.2 You can get it from here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11201
If you do upgrade to 1.9.2 pleas don't save settings. The has bin a lot of bugs fixed since 1.8.1
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260