Bandwidth Distribution shows disconnected devices

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ViBE

Bandwidth Distribution shows disconnected devices

Post by ViBE »

Gargoyle shows up already disconnected devices. For example I left the flat and my phone still on the table after few minutes later. Is it a bug or it depends on the lease time? If yes why?

mrroute

Re: Bandwidth Distribution shows disconnected devices

Post by mrroute »

I've noticed this also. Hopefully someone can check into this.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

mrroute wrote:I've noticed this also. Hopefully someone can check into this.
Hope so. But this forum is like an undead horde. No such replies and activities and this is not the only old bug which has been not fixed many years :?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

This has to do with connection tracking, not Gargoyle.
Gargoyle reads these connections from conntrack and parses the data.

Can you please compile a large list of detailed bugs (including steps to reproduce) and we can try to work through them.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

Lantis wrote:This has to do with connection tracking, not Gargoyle.
Gargoyle reads these connections from conntrack and parses the data.

Can you please compile a large list of detailed bugs (including steps to reproduce) and we can try to work through them.
But how if the affected device have no live connections many hours ago?

Sure, I'm trying and already doing it. May not all well detailed but my last few reports are all about bugs. I'm using Gargoyle for many years but had no time to care about those cause I'm stucked on an old device with 1.6.x for many years. Since I have a new one I see that the newer releases still have those but it takes time to reproduce them.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

TTL limits probably play the biggest factor.
For other connections, the device may not have necessarily disconnected the stream (i.e. It never sent a disconnect to the server, it just went AWOL).
That connection stays open until it expires.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.