Bandwidth Distribution - What is "Other"?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

alexxxp

Bandwidth Distribution - What is "Other"?

Post by alexxxp »

Apologies in advance if this has been answered somewhere. Sadly search won't let me search on "other" due to it being a common word.

Anyway, looking at by bandwidth distribution to see who is currently using the most data, I see the different hosts but then at the bottom there is "OTHER". Occasionally this OTHER category uses well over 95% of the bandwidth at times so I'm curious what this is?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Alex

ispyisail

Re: Bandwidth Distribution - What is "Other"?

Post by ispyisail »

My understanding is..

"Other" is everything else combined that is not already displayed.

e.g. If you have 100 users connected only the top users (9?) are displayed (pie graph) the rest are combined under "Other"

alexxxp

Post by alexxxp »

Hey thanks for the reply.

That would make sense, but this router is in a small office with 3 staff who each may have 3 devices as well as a TV, Printer and a couple of other things.

Additionally, I only notice it really when it take up the majority of bandwidth which then makes me curious of how to track down what it is. Seeing it's using the most during one time of measure, I figured it would then appear as it's own individual IP, not thrown into "others".

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Just go to the "Bandwidth table"