Quotas editing bug on smartphone.

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Xabring

Re: Quotas editing bug on smartphone.

Post by Xabring »

d3fz wrote:Could you provide the exact steps you took to run into this bug ? I wanna try to reproduce it.

I know something similar happens when editing QoS rules with multiple tabs opened, where all of them are pointing to the same page. When hitting save, the cfg corrupts and all qos rules are wiped out. Not good.
After trying to remember, I finally re-stumble on how I did find the bug, it's simple:

1: Open your gargoyle router in one computer, and open the Firewall/Quotas part

2: Open your gargoyle router on Another computer (or smartphone, they both technically are), and open any other tab/configuration, preferably (it's more notorious if it's open on another one other than the Quotas page)

3: Go back to the first computer and Click "save" below, and watch your Quotas list get magically and almost instantly gibbed.

encro

Re: Quotas editing bug on smartphone.

Post by encro »

Gargoyle doesn't handle multiple session instances of the Configuration pages open in separate tabs or systems. This just means you have to micromanage it at this stage to ensure you only have one instance logged in at all times until some parity checks are implemented.
Netgear WNDR3700v4 (N600) - Gargoyle 1.14.x
D-Link DIR-835 - Gargoyle 1.7.1 (Deceased)
Manual set up for PIA's OpenVPN in (Private Internet Access): https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9129&p=45410#p45410