Quotas editing bug on smartphone.

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

encro

Re: Quotas editing bug on smartphone.

Post by encro »

The buttons should be there. Because the edit screen is quite wide for the fields in the table on a Mobile Phone you may need to scroll to the right to be able to see the button.

Test another mobile browser like Chrome also and ensure Firefox is updated to the latest version. By testing in both you can isolate whether it's a browser issue, Gargoyle UI issue or just related to the scrolling of the table to see them.
Netgear WNDR3700v4 (N600) - Gargoyle 1.14.x
D-Link DIR-835 - Gargoyle 1.7.1 (Deceased)
Manual set up for PIA's OpenVPN in (Private Internet Access): https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9129&p=45410#p45410

Xabring

Post by Xabring »

yeah, updating chrome correct the issues...but there's something more disturbing now...sending PM to lantis....

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I don't understand what is happening in your video.
The UI doesn't do anything to the settings unless you hit save. Refreshing the page just reads the settings again.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Xabring

Post by Xabring »

exactly! and why they all disappear for no reason since I didn't edit anything?

anyway, this confirms that the problem was my browser, not the configuration itself, so sorry if I troubled you, :oops: so I guess I need to check for malware or something, since that's not normal. Thanks for taking the time to see it.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

That's ok.
I'll try out Opera and see what other strange things it does when I get some free time.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Xabring

Post by Xabring »

:oops:
o boy, after banging my head in a wall, I finally figure out why it was giving me the bug; it's because I was logged in in 2 diferent computers at the same time (in this case, my smartphone, and then my computer), that's was causing the bug. I guess I learned the hard way why you should only log in in 1 computer at a time. So I will be careful from now on....and back up everyday JUST in case.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Could you provide the exact steps you took to run into this bug ? I wanna try to reproduce it.

I know something similar happens when editing QoS rules with multiple tabs opened, where all of them are pointing to the same page. When hitting save, the cfg corrupts and all qos rules are wiped out. Not good.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

When hitting save, the cfg corrupts and all qos rules are wiped out. Not good.
and openvpn......

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

ispyisail wrote:
When hitting save, the cfg corrupts and all qos rules are wiped out. Not good.
and openvpn......
Just making sure,

The same behavior happens to OpenVPN or when things go wrong with QoS rules, OpenVPN settings is also affected/corrupted ?
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

The same behavior happens to OpenVPN or when things go wrong with QoS rules, OpenVPN settings is also affected/corrupted ?
Don't know, its one of those things that seams random.....no doubt its not.