Restarting quota for device that hits cap

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

sasq40

Restarting quota for device that hits cap

Post by sasq40 »

im trying to find a way to reset the quota for a individual device. I know if you remove the quota and then resave it does a reset, but thats for the whole network. Trying to find a way to have a single client bypassed.

So for example lets say i have a max up/dl set to 5gb max. theres a xbox on the system that has hit that cap,a tablet that is close to the cap,lets say its around 4.5,as well as a computer thats hit the 5gb cap. I want to be able to reset the quota for the computer the day so it can have access to the internet, but not change anything so the xbox and tablets usage gets reset.

Any help appreciated!

Lantis

Re: Restarting quota for device that hits cap

Post by Lantis »

Without having done it myself, I'd suggest that modifying the data at /usr/data/quotas is the place to start.

You'd want to backup quotas first (to get the latest data in it), then modify, then restore quotas.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Walton

Post by Walton »

I have done this a few times by changing the quota for that one IP address. My routers are 3 and 5 hours away.

Looking at quota usage tells you which is at 100%. Then I set a new quota just for that one IP.

A bit of a roundabout way but it gets it done.

sasq40

Post by sasq40 »

Walton wrote:I have done this a few times by changing the quota for that one IP address. My routers are 3 and 5 hours away.

Looking at quota usage tells you which is at 100%. Then I set a new quota just for that one IP.

A bit of a roundabout way but it gets it done.
So by creating a new quota for the one ip allows it to ignore the other quota? Ill give it a try. Most our routers will be a similar distance so I'm trying to get this thing figured out before we send it away

Walton

Post by Walton »

Yes, changing the quota for one IP just a little, resets the quota for that IP address.

sasq40

Post by sasq40 »

that worked perfect, now if it could get back into the router that be even better! was adding a ddns and somehow locked the router out :evil: