Bandwidth Distribution and connected hosts in multi WAN

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

marclon

Bandwidth Distribution and connected hosts in multi WAN

Post by marclon »

I'm using MWAN3 package for load balancing of traffic between two external LTE modems (routers). For that reason my gargoyle router (tpLink W3600) has two WAN interfaces (eth0.2 named "wan" and eth0.3 named "wan3") and single LAN (eth0.1, I'm not using WIFI). Everything works perfectly for mwan3 - load balancing, discovery of interface down etc.

The only problem is that under Bandwidth distribution statistics are only for traffic going through "wan" (traffic through wan3 does not count). At "Connected hosts" I have one entry that is IP of interface "wan3" but it shows 0 connections.

Is there any way to force gargoyle to count traffic from both WAN interfaces (I don't need detailed value per interface, sum of both would be sufficient) and present total amount of data per given connected host (regardless if it was connected through wan or wan3 to Internet?
In attachment my network file, mwan3 file, ip tables etc.

Any advice how to get these statistics would be valuable. I've tried "iftop" additional statistics and it counts ok for given interface but I do not have a history and also I cannot say which IP from lan utilized given amount of traffic.

encro

Re: Bandwidth Distribution and connected hosts in multi WAN

Post by encro »

I'm also curious on this one. I'd imagine it isn't exposed in bwmon_gargoyle but it should be accessible somehow.

I've now learnt about the MWAN3 gpkg from this post but my original plan was to buy a Ubiquiti Edge Router Lite 3 and let that handle aggregating the 2 wan links into Gargoyle as a single link.
Netgear WNDR3700v4 (N600) - Gargoyle 1.14.x
D-Link DIR-835 - Gargoyle 1.7.1 (Deceased)
Manual set up for PIA's OpenVPN in (Private Internet Access): https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9129&p=45410#p45410

Lantis

Re: Bandwidth Distribution and connected hosts in multi WAN

Post by Lantis »

That is a better solution as far as gargoyle is concerned.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.