Upload QoS ignoring Source IP Field?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

flashfir

Re: Upload QoS ignoring Source IP Field?

Post by flashfir »

d3fz wrote:Good point.

I believe i've seen this discussed before, that's why i pointed it out, not sure now if it was Gargoyle's QoS so.. :lol:

I'll post here if i find anything related to that.

We're all here to learn and everyone else who reads this for posterity, will appreciate our accuracy hahaha. I do think what you say is optimal though. There can be some edge case scenarios where traffic can be miscategorized.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

flashfir wrote: We're all here to learn and everyone else who reads this for posterity, will appreciate our accuracy hahaha. I do think what you say is optimal though. There can be some edge case scenarios where traffic can be miscategorized.
Definitely! :lol:

Found the thread i was talking about, it turns out that class priority is defined by setting a minimum bandwidth, as pbix clarifies a few posts later:
pbix wrote:The priority comes from the minimum bandwidth setting. Games have a fixed and small bandwidth requirement and this is how it is specified.
Discussion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4919#p21130
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

encro

Post by encro »

d3fz wrote:
flashfir wrote: Found the thread i was talking about, it turns out that class priority is defined by setting a minimum bandwidth, as pbix clarifies a few posts later:
pbix wrote:The priority comes from the minimum bandwidth setting. Games have a fixed and small bandwidth requirement and this is how it is specified.
Discussion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4919#p21130
True, but the rule order still matters since it matches from the top down. A rule at the top with matching criteria may move traffic into an unintended class.
Netgear WNDR3700v4 (N600) - Gargoyle 1.14.x
D-Link DIR-835 - Gargoyle 1.7.1 (Deceased)
Manual set up for PIA's OpenVPN in (Private Internet Access): https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9129&p=45410#p45410