wrt3200acm, gargoyle 1.11.x, quota reporting not working?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Petee_c

wrt3200acm, gargoyle 1.11.x, quota reporting not working?

Post by Petee_c »

Hi all,

I bought a Linksys wrt3200acm and flashed it to a gargoyle build that Lantis posted. I was able to flash successfully and have put my family's devices on static IP's under 192.168.1.100.

We are using it at the cottage where we have very expensive internet. ($3-5 / gb)

I gave each of my family members 500mb to 1gb to use per day.

I only see the 1st rule in the quota usage.

I have 5 sets of rules, all set always. I will figure out how to post screenshots. I can't post from bl0gg3r. you can try changing the zeros to "o" in the below link

peterchang1.bl0gsp0t.c0m/2018/07/gargoyle-troubleshooting-solving-quota.html

Petee_c

Re: wrt3200acm, gargoyle 1.11.x, quota reporting not working?

Post by Petee_c »

i've tried re entering the quotas, rebooting, reflashing.... I can't get the quotas to stick.... once in a while, it remembers the 2nd quota for a few minutes and then goes back down to one quota rule...

There are 4 in our family and multiple devices, i'd like each person to have a different quotas depending on their devices....

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

If you change all of the rules to shut down internet rather than throttle, do you experience the same issue?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Petee_c

Post by Petee_c »

I just tried it. Remembered 3 rules, then added a 4th and the quota usage list dropped back to one.

This was setting the internet to shut off when quota reached on all rules.

Peter

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Are you taking the time to let the quotas settle and kick in? There are lots of scripts that run in the background after pressing save.

I'm not personally able to reproduce this bug.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Petee_c

Post by Petee_c »

i tweaked the quotas a little bit more this morning, and it looks like i was able to get 3 quotas to stick.... see this blogpost for screenshots...

I wonder if it has to do with CPU temps... the ambient temps indoors here was a little warm... about 25-27C would be my guess... maybe CPU was too warm?

http://blog.pjbj.ca/2018/07/more-gargoy ... oting.html

Petee_c

Post by Petee_c »

believe i figured it out.... after writing the quota rules, "un-enable" all rules, save changes... check the quota page and there should be no quotas.... then go back to firewall - quotas - and enable all applicable quotas.... save changes...

go back to status and then check quota usage.... all quotas are displayed :)

I have a fan on the router, but I don't think it matters... i couldn't get the quotas to stick without following the above steps.

CPU/RAM /WIFI temps are all now nice and cool. screenshots now in

http://peterchang1.blogspot.com/2018/07 ... t-out.html

Petee_c

Post by Petee_c »

Router also forgets quota rules when it loses power. Only implements 1 out of 5 rules.

Unenabling all rules, saving changes and re-enabling rules brings them back.

fifonik

Post by fifonik »

I'm having the same issue with 1.11.x on my WRT1200AC.
I've found a work around by adding disabled dummy entry on the first place and playing with enable/disable checkbox for all other entries.
So right now I see quotas for all my normal IPs (I have three).
Quotas survived router's reboot.

Will try to find exact steps to re-produce the issue with one of the next updates.

fifonik

Post by fifonik »

I've made some changes on DHCP page (changed one statically assigned hostname) and left with the only first enabled entry displayed on quotas status page.

Disabled all quotas with checkboxed, Save, clicked on Status -- no quotas status page (as expected), back to Firewall | Quotas, enabled quotas with checkboxes, Save, clicked on Status | Quotas -- back to all 3 entries displayed. However, they all have zeros :(