Auralic/UDP Multcast

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

timbo

Auralic/UDP Multcast

Post by timbo »

Hello,

I have purchased an Auralic Mini to use as a music steamer and am attempting to connect it to a Gargoylr router (TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v1 with 1.8,.1). During install I get a message from the Auralic control app that implies the modem/router needs to support USP/multicast SSHP. I have raised it with Auralic but have not had any luck.

I think the problem may be resolved by this: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/udp_multicast. But is there a simple/complete explanation for a non network person about what's going on and what needs to be done. Would I be better off raising it at the OpenWRT.org?

As a last (expensive) resort can I simply (ethernet) connect a modem known to work with the Auralic box as a client of the Gargoyle router and take it from there?

Rgds
Tim

nworbnhoj

Re: Auralic/UDP Multcast

Post by nworbnhoj »

I have not seen any discussion relating to your task on this forum over the last 12 months. The link you provided seems worth working thru. I do not see any obvious direct conflicts with Gargoyle but you will need to do all of it via the command line interface. I think it would be worth searching and asking the question at the openwrt forum if no-one shows up here with some direct experience.
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E