Repeater Bridge not routing between wireless clients and LAN

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: Repeater Bridge not routing between wireless clients and

Post by Lantis »

You'll need to contact the support email from the website if that is a path that you wish to follow.

Without speaking on behalf of the website or the seller, my personal view is caveat emptor, and that the software is provided as is and with no guarantees as to fitness for purpose or quality.

Furthermore, I would argue that the firmware does exactly as you require, under a command line interface.

To answer your initial question. The behaviour you're experiencing appears to be intended.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

This user did contact me regarding this issue, and for the record I offered him both my apologies that Gargoyle was not working for him, and a full refund provided he returned the router.

He was not satisfied by that response, and demanded that I give him a partial refund without returning the router. I refused, and he seemed rather upset by that.

In case he posts again here I want to make this absolutely clear: Anyone who buys a router from me can return it within three months of purchase, no questions asked, for a full refund. This user chose not to (though he is still free to contact me and send the router back if he changes his mind).

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

@Eric

+1

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

@Eric

+1

jwbohrer

Post by jwbohrer »

I'm looking to set up a router as a repeater and while searching for that topic found this thread.

So, let me just say that I have purchased two routers from this website, the 1043nd that was sold here several years ago and the Gigabit router that I bought a few months ago. The only reason I would ever shop somewhere else is if I "outgrew" the capabilities of the routers offered here.

I would not hesitate to buy a router here again in the future and have been very pleased with the every aspect of the transaction. Support on the website has always been good.