MAC filtering via gargoyle

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

erez669

MAC filtering via gargoyle

Post by erez669 »

i have gargoyle v1.8.1 installed and i can't find how to block specific mac address on your interface, how can i do that?
thanks

ispyisail

Re: MAC filtering via gargoyle

Post by ispyisail »

tapper

Post by tapper »

Hi under Connection Basic.

Wireless MAC Filter:
Enabled

MAC filtering applies to all wireless interfaces, including those in client mode. In client mode you must be sure to allow the MAC address of the AP to which you are connected.
MAC Filter Policy:
Deny Only MACs Listed Below
Or Allow Only MACs Listed Below
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

erez669

Post by erez669 »

you can give me a screenshot because i can't find this option from some reason.

Rocket222

Post by Rocket222 »

Sorry for bring up this old thread. But I have a similar problem that I cannot see the Restrictions under Firewall on my configuration. I am using Gargoyle Version 1.12.0. The only options under Firewall are Connection Limits, QoS(Upload) and QoS(Download). Is there a plugin that I need to install to see the Restrictions option?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Restrictions are not available in bridge mode. Are you using a different connection method?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Rocket222

Post by Rocket222 »

Yes. I am using the router as repeater. Is there any way to avoid certain device connecting to the repeater?

My setup contains a main router (dd-wrt) and two repeaters (one with dd-wrt and another Gargoyle). I want the repeater running on dd-wrt connect directly to the main router, instead of through the Gargoyle repeater.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You'll need to check with ddwrt support, but on Gargoyle you would use the "bssid" option to make sure it connected to the correct upstream network.

I'm 90% sure it works the same way in dd-wrt, but I don't know.

Otherwise, you could maybe do MAC restrictions at the Wi-Fi level, but this would be done on the command line and I don't know how this works in a repeater style config.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.