1.8.0 Causing stuttering issues

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Thermo

1.8.0 Causing stuttering issues

Post by Thermo »

I just want to let people know what happened in case others have the same issue.

I recently upgrade my WNDR3700V2 from 1.6.2 to 1.8.0. I thought everything was fine but my Pivos XS Android boxes all started having issues playing back content hosted on my lan.

My setup - I have a NAS (Western Digital MyCloud 4Tb) which hosts my media library over smb.

3 Pivos XS boxes - 2 hardwired into the network, 1 connects via wifi.

Basically what would happen is every couple of minutes the video would freeze for 20-30 seconds. The screen would say buffering at the top. During the freeze I could ping both e media library and the router from a different machine and top didn't show anything abnormal going on.

I thought the program was Kodi because I upgraded that to 15.2 RC1 recently - but it was also affecting the box downstairs on which nothing changed. (Still running Tofu (XBMC 13.2).

I messed around with various advancedsettings tweaks and while the problem somewhat improved - it never went away completely.

After 2 weeks of mucking around with this - I finally downgraded the router back to 1.6.2 and all my android boxes are rock solid again.

At this point I think I will wait until 1.9 gets released and have a look at it again. Sorry I can;t provide logs - I had to get it fixed before the family rebelled :)

subhashchand

Re: 1.8.0 Causing stuttering issues

Post by subhashchand »

Same problem here, but I am using Kodi. And I am also using the latest version which wasn't the case with you but still stuck with this annoying issue while everyone is holding a knife to my neck asking to fix the mess :| :|

subhashchand

Post by subhashchand »

Sorry for the noob question, but Where I can find the logs. I think attaching the log might be helpful

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

subhashchand wrote:Same problem here, but I am using Kodi. And I am also using the latest version which wasn't the case with you but still stuck with this annoying issue while everyone is holding a knife to my neck asking to fix the mess :| :|
can you start a new thread?