TL-WR841N instable connection after some time

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

henriquebelaz

TL-WR841N instable connection after some time

Post by henriquebelaz »

Hello!

I have recently flashed Gargoyle 1.7.0 to my WR841N(D) v9.3 and it works almost perfect! I'm really happy with the developers work, since it's the most stable and the #1 choice to gamers all around the world (too bad I didn't give it a try earlier).

The only issue I've ben experiencing is a sudden instable WAN after some connectivity or power loss (by my ISP side). It seems pretty stable for 2 or 3 days, but as soon as it gets disconnected for a few minutes it starts to go crazy. Pinging google.com, which normally would give me 8 to 15ms, gives 20-30ms and about 150ms, 200+ms every 2 or 3 seconds.

After doing a hard reset (30/30/30) it works flawlessly again, even with the config backed up WHILE the issue whas happening, so I don't think it's config related.

Have tried almost every single option to fix it, but resetting was the way to go.

Could somebody give me a heads up on this? Can't try 1.6.2 and lower because it isn't availiable to my router model (V9).

Keep up the good job with Gargoyle. It solved my wireless connection issues with stock and dd-wrt firmwares and also my life as a gamer.
Thanks a lot!

ispyisail

Re: TL-WR841N instable connection after some time

Post by ispyisail »

you need an active UPS/power filter

henriquebelaz

Post by henriquebelaz »

Actually, the router is connected to a power filter.

I noticed the router starts going crazy after my ISP connection goes down for some time, which is not unusual (thank you third world country).

Once, after the connection was restored, it kept disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 or 10 seconds. I resetted and everything was fine again.

But recently it have happenned to become really instable instead of being reconnecting after my WAN was down for 10 minutes or so. The router seems to be on full load and missing some packets, which results in a instable internet.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Have you tried restarting the firewall in this event to see if it clears the odd behaviour?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

henriquebelaz

Post by henriquebelaz »

Have just arrived home, it seems my network got disconnected today and now I'm suffering again. At least I can use this situation for debugging purposes.

Atached is my ping to 2 different addresses with similar response times (about 15ms).

Restarting the router has no effect on this.
Attachments
ping router.png
ping router.png (74.44 KiB) Viewed 6217 times

henriquebelaz

Post by henriquebelaz »

Lantis wrote:Have you tried restarting the firewall in this event to see if it clears the odd behaviour?
Have done /usr/lib/gargoyle/restart_firewall.sh via SSH, but the problem is still present. :(

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Is your router stuffed

1.6.2 is very stable

try a failsafe reset to double check