wireless connection or somthing issue

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

tjparsons

wireless connection or somthing issue

Post by tjparsons »

Hello,
I'm technologically not brilliant. I had a friend set up my routers and now I need help fixing the problem.
Here's what was done. I have a regular router for my internet service. I purchased a tplink router to set up a second wireless thing in order to cap usage. This is for those "renters' who dont pay attention to limits and cost me a small fortune in overages.
My problem is this. It was working wonderfully up until about 3 days ago, now my tp link will not allow anyone to connect.

Is anyone able to help?

nworbnhoj

Re: wireless connection or somthing issue

Post by nworbnhoj »

As a first step I would reboot (power off and power on) your "router for internet service" and, once it is back up and running, reboot your "tplink router". Probably this will fix the problem.

If not, then check that the lights on your "router for internet service" indicate that it has an internet connection. If not, check all cables are plugged in correctly. If still not, then maybe a service provider problem.

If your "router for internet service" lights are all OK then we need to know more about your tplink router; You will need a cat5 cable (usually blue) to connect your PC directly to your tplink router. Then, open a browser on your PC and type (probably) 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E