WiFi issues on TL-WDR4300

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

raphibb

WiFi issues on TL-WDR4300

Post by raphibb »

Hi,

I am having WiFi issues with gargoyle 1.6.2 running on TL-WDR4300.
Some wireless clients are dropped every few minutes - their DHCP leases are being renewed constantly and the clients loose internet connectivity. This is not consistent across all clients - some have no issues, while others are disconnected randomly.
Reboot doesn't seem to improve issue.

Thanks,

chaseme5

Re: WiFi issues on TL-WDR4300

Post by chaseme5 »

Hi, one thing you can try is to change wifi channels and lock your router to only use one channel. Turn off auto scanning. I never had any luck with solid wifi through any typical router. My suggestion is to buy a ubiquity M2HP picostation to use as an access point for your wifi. You will never lose reception or get disconnected ever again. It might not be the answer you are looking for but it will fix your problems. You use this in conjunction with your TL-WDR4300. And you turn off the wifi on the TL-WDR4300.

I had several brand new routers and I experienced the same thing you are experiencing. Most likely the problem is do to interference. Phones, TV's, microwaves ovens, ect. This interference can even come from your neighbors. Some devices have excellent filtering capabilities and some don't. That is why only some of your devices are disconnecting. Ubiquity products solve all the headaches in the wifi world.

raphibb

Post by raphibb »

Hi,
I am well aware of Wi-Fi issues and instability but after additional two weeks I can definitely say that the problems I had are Gargoyle 1.6.2 related. I tried changing channels, resetting the router - nothing helped.
I switched then to OpenWRT (BB release) and haven't experienced any similar Wi-Fi issues for the last 10 days. I may give Gargoyle 1.7 a try later on.
Anyway, thanks.

Andy

Post by Andy »

I had the same problems as you with a WDR3600 on 1.6.2. I switched to the latest OpenWRT too and everything was fine, but now I'm on Gargoyle 1.7.0 and it's working great so far.