WiFi dropping/spotty on WZR-HP-AG300H

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

FalconFour

WiFi dropping/spotty on WZR-HP-AG300H

Post by FalconFour »

Been using Gargoyle for a few years now. Tried going to OpenWRT but it was too fragmented to do anything useful with, plus spotty compatibility and performance. Pretty well skilled in a lot of these things, but with so much opacity in the user interface, it's hard to really pin things down though the interface gives me functionality that I can't find anywhere else (monitoring is a killer function).

Ever since updating 1.6.1 to 1.6.2, I've had issues with WiFi connectivity with absolutely no settings changes. I've got a Nest and a Dropcam, both on WiFi (2.4GHz), both reporting constant outages... been getting emails from Dropcam saying the camera is offline, and messages on the thermostat saying it can't find the WiFi network. It works again when I come back and check it, of course. But I had absolutely none of these issues while I was on 1.6.1.

For now I'm rolling back to 1.6.1 to regain stability, but I figured I should register and post this issue since traffic here seems a little... slow. :/

platbr

Re: WiFi dropping/spotty on WZR-HP-AG300H

Post by platbr »

Same issue here.

Ulric

Post by Ulric »

From my experience, 1.6.2 broke Wi-Fi on all Buffalo routers... 1.6.1 isn't perfectly stable on my WZR-600DHP, but neither is OpenWRT BB... 1.5.11 was the last one that actually worked flawlessly for me, but it's got the heartbleed bug, so I'm being forced back to DD-WRT for now.
-Ulric
Router: Nighthawk X6 (OpenWRT 15.05.1), 15M/1M (Time Warner Cable)

Valerie

Post by Valerie »

I'm still keeping my Version 1.6.1 it's pretty good.