tl-wr1043nd-v2 connection issues.

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

tacoface88

tl-wr1043nd-v2 connection issues.

Post by tacoface88 »

Hi.

I have bought the tp link tl-wr1043nd v2 router about 2 months ago, and haven't had any problems with it from the moment I set it up.

But about 2 days ago, the internet connection has started to disappear sometimes. Without warning , the internet connection would drop, and then return again after a few minutes.

The WiFi connected devices and computers directly connected to the router show that the network is still there, just no internet access.

I have checked my modem and it's working fine, so the one responsible for the problems must be the router.

I have tried to reset it to factory defaults, to restart it, set DHCP to change every 48 hours, but nothing seems to work.

I have read that Gargoyle may fix the issue(if it's a firmware issue), but im afraid to brick my router.

Will Gargoyle help with this problem ?, and if it will, can you please instruct me on how to use it without bricking my router?

NickLavic

Re: tl-wr1043nd-v2 connection issues.

Post by NickLavic »

I'm having a very similar problem. I posted about it here:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =11&t=6715

What version of Gargoyle are you running? 1.7.0?

tapper

Post by tapper »

hI tacoface88
if you want to flash go to the download page and get the file called gargoyle_1.6.2-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v2-squashfs-factory.bin and flash away good luck.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

erez669

Post by erez669 »

my question is why tp-link itself don't fix their own firmware? why we need to install third party firmware to run the router normally? third party firmwares neccesary only if users want to get an extra features and not for regular operation.
tp-link is very weird company - no QA checks on the factory.