Repeater/wireless bridge issue with two Gargoyle device

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

fongfc

Repeater/wireless bridge issue with two Gargoyle device

Post by fongfc »

Dear all,

I have a wireless bridge network in my home. I have attached my network diagram which is drawn with Paint :D .

The "PC-A" is connected to the repeater gargoyle with lan cable. The "Mobile-B" and both two routers are able to access the "PC-A". However, "PC-A" is not accessible for all wireless devices which connected to the repeater gargoyle(such as "Mobile-A" in the diagram). Any ideas bros? Is something I have to do with iptables? ;) Thanks.

Remarks: No customize static route setup on two gargoyle routers.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (16.33 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

griftopia

Re: Repeater/wireless bridge issue with two Gargoyle device

Post by griftopia »

Unless your repeater is on different subnet, I'm not understanding why you have any issues. It should work fine.

That said, I want to ask why you are using "Repeater" mode based on your configuration. Are you looking to increase the "range" of your primary router? Because if not, based on your diagram, I think you should use "Client Bridge" mode. It will do what you want, but more importantly your wireless bandwidth will not be compromised. "Repeater" has to resend packets one more time and you lose your bandwidth - it is halved.

Only use Repeater mode if you want to connect PC-A wirelessly through the 2nd router. If you are using Wire and can have all wireless devices connect to Primary router/AP, then use Client Bridge. Works much better.
ISP Provided Router [Irrelevant]
WD MyNetN750 Client Bridge - Garygoyle @ 5.0Ghz Yes !!!