Really slow download speeds on TL-WDR3600

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

rigo8582

Really slow download speeds on TL-WDR3600

Post by rigo8582 »

I have a TL-WDR3600 that I put 1.6.1 on. I find the download speed is really slow compared to using openwrt or dd-wrt, using a wired connection. I my internet is rated at 150Mbps down, and I get usually between 150Mbps-180Mbps on various servers on speedtest.net.

When I put on gargoyle I'm lucky to get 100Mbps on those same tests. But most of my results are usually 10Mbps-60Mbps. Many times my upload speed is faster then my download speed.

I don't have any QoS enabeld, the only thing I've done is make things have static IPs on my the network so I can view the hostnames easier. Also I'm not changing any hardware configurations, I'm keeping everything the same and just changing the firmware.

Is there a better or faster router then the WDR3600 that works with gargoyle?

EDIT: I disabled Allow NameCoin/OpenNIC Resolution and the speed appears to improve significantly.

TopNerds

Re: Really slow download speeds on TL-WDR3600

Post by TopNerds »

" improve significantly" Improve how much ?

rigo8582

Re: Really slow download speeds on TL-WDR3600

Post by rigo8582 »

Usually I would be stuck at 20Mbps, then I unchecked it and my speeds went to around 90Mbps. Don't know if that was the cause or just a coincidence that afterwards the speeds improved. But I had the same issue earlier today where it was maxing it out arournd 12Mbps, then I reboot it and speeds jump to around 120Mbps.