More OpenVPN gui bugs in 1.6.1

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

throughwalls

More OpenVPN gui bugs in 1.6.1

Post by throughwalls »

I have finally upgraded to 1.6.1 for OpenVPN

Prob 1 (small and easy): The text problem on the config page is not rendering the & sign properly
amp.PNG
amp.PNG (1.05 KiB) Viewed 4459 times
Prob 2: If I have a config on the server router, it does not get cleared when I remove it.
- I disable VPN
- I press the "Clear All Existing VPN Keys"
- It spins while saving
- (I can optionally hit SAVE)
- I select VPN server
- My old settings and allowed clients are visible
I think a good goal would be that the vpn config files and certificates are carefully overwritten (in place) first and then unlinked/deleted. (This may also have something to do with GUI caching though.)

Prob 3: When I try to use AES 256 on the server, the client did not accept the configuration zip as valid. The error message is a bit vague:
can not find file.PNG
can not find file.PNG (1.57 KiB) Viewed 4459 times

Eric
Site Admin

Re: More OpenVPN gui bugs in 1.6.1

Post by Eric »

I will investigate, thanks for the heads-up.

throughwalls

Post by throughwalls »

I am happy to provide more details as required. (I now have a setup which enables me to do testing more easily and more quickly)

throughwalls

Post by throughwalls »

The Block NonOpenVPN traffic option does not work as I expect.
BlockNon.PNG
BlockNon.PNG (8.75 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
I have router A facing the internet. My OpenVPN client is running on Router B which is plugged into router A. With the VPN running, I am still able to connect to the gargoyle web page of router A, which I would not expect to be able to do.

throughwalls

Post by throughwalls »

throughwalls wrote:The Block NonOpenVPN traffic option does not work as I expect.
BlockNon.PNG
I have router A facing the internet. My OpenVPN client is running on Router B which is plugged into router A. With the VPN running, I am still able to connect to the gargoyle web page of router A, which I would not expect to be able to do.
I did some more testing.

If the router is not able to contact the VPN server, then it correctly blocks connections to other internet hosts but does not block access to the router's gateway (or likely any host on the WAN subnet)