Configgure AP LAN and WAN on same subnet

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

achalmers

Configgure AP LAN and WAN on same subnet

Post by achalmers »

I installed Gargoyle on my Linksys WRT54GL recently so that I could use it to monitor bandwidth usage on my home network. the whole network is on a single subnet (192.168.1.x) with a 4 port Netgear Cable modem as the my internet gateway. The WRT54GL is connected to one port of the modem to provide Wifi access plus some extra ports. I have a home server (DHCP, file, DLNA, etc) and some other desktops on the other modem ports.

I can configure a AP with working WIFI and LAN ports. However Gargoyle only monitors traffic through the WAN port.
If I bridge the WAN and LAN ports I don't get any usage tracking.
If I configure the WAN port to be on my subnet and connect it to the modem, I cannot get access to the rest of the network or the internet.

How do configure the WRT54GL to correctly route traffic between the LAN and WAN (like a switch) and collect bandwidth usage data over the WAN port?

I actually only want bandwidth usage data on internet traffic, but I settle for everything over the WAN.

TopNerds

Re: Configgure AP LAN and WAN on same subnet

Post by TopNerds »

ignore
Last edited by TopNerds on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

n0pin

Post by n0pin »

TopNerds wrote:Gargoyle only can control WLAN traffic as far as i know.
You probably meant WAN, which is correct :D .
achalmers wrote: How do configure the WRT54GL to correctly route traffic between the LAN and WAN (like a switch) and collect bandwidth usage data over the WAN port?

I actually only want bandwidth usage data on internet traffic, but I settle for everything over the WAN.
I don't understand what you want to achieve. You want to collect bandwidth usage between LAN devices?

fufifniliy

Post by fufifniliy »

A man walks into a bar one day and asks, "Does anyone here own that Rottweiler outside?""Yeah, I do!" a biker says, standing up. "What about it?""Well, I think my chihuahua just killed him...""What are you talking about?!" the biker says, disbelievingly. "How could your little runt kill my Rottweiler?""Well, it seems he got stuck in your dog's throat!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cheap fifa 14 coins ps4|fifa 14 coins xbox