TLWR1043ND - WAN and WLAN connections unstable

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Sir_Undead

TLWR1043ND - WAN and WLAN connections unstable

Post by Sir_Undead »

Hey, I have 1.6.1 installed on my 1043ND V1.10.

I've been having some wireless issues where the connection randomly drops. Now I have changed to Channel 6, 20 dbm and 40MHz below, it seems to have stopped dropping.

A weird issue I also have is, when I was toying around with the wireless settings, if I don't restart to router after applying them, I have a very unstable internet connection. Skype video calls lag, and my Teamspeak connection drops frequently until I restart it.

widesreen

Re: TLWR1043ND - WAN and WLAN connections unstable

Post by widesreen »

The WLAN Problem is a known issue with the TP Link TL WR1043ND and the 1.6.1 Version.
Most users (so as me too) installed 1.6.0. If you need OpenVPN then this is not the best option because the heartbleed bug is still excisting in the older versions.

The other thing you mention is not really an issue as long as everything is ok after a restart. Restarting is in my opinion allways a good to be sure everything is properly applied.

Sir_Undead

Post by Sir_Undead »

widesreen wrote:The WLAN Problem is a known issue with the TP Link TL WR1043ND and the 1.6.1 Version.
Most users (so as me too) installed 1.6.0. If you need OpenVPN then this is not the best option because the heartbleed bug is still excisting in the older versions.

The other thing you mention is not really an issue as long as everything is ok after a restart. Restarting is in my opinion allways a good to be sure everything is properly applied.
That's true, I guess I can live with a restart. Infact the router hasn't needed any settings changing or a restart for ages now so it's not an issue.

I have another issue though, the router isn't responding to WAN pings even though the box isn't checked in the config to block them.

excelsi

Post by excelsi »

I also have these Wlan Issues with 1043ND and Firmware 1.6.1 and sometimes i have to configure the wlan Settings again because a restart doesnt help.
It would be nice if you can fix this issue soon as possible.
Also my OpenVPN doesnt work anymore since for a short time in Version 1.5.6. The router stocks completly after a short time and then i have to reset the whole device.

marksjon

Post by marksjon »

The WLAN Problem is a known issue with the TP Link TL WR1043ND and the 1.6.1 Version.

Cut down your exam stress by using our latest Testking phr certification exam and high quality cpa course demos. We provide updated usuhsmil questions with 100% pass guarantee along with Quincy University

erez669

Post by erez669 »

it's only on v1 of the product from what i see.
is this issue exits on v2 too?