Find IP address of modem

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

GarageMan

Find IP address of modem

Post by GarageMan »

Hi.
I have a Netgear DG834 in Bridge Mode with an ethernet cable connected to the Gargoyle. I then access Gargoyle wirelessly.
How do I find the IP Address of the Netgear modem so I can then access the Netgear's management utility?
Thanks.

throughwalls

Re: Find IP address of modem

Post by throughwalls »

Login into the Gargoyle router web console.

Once you have logged in, the default Status / Overview page will be shown. It will show the ip address of the GATEWAY which gargoyle is using, which is your Netgear box.
WAN Gateway IP: 192.168.x.1

GarageMan

Post by GarageMan »

Thanks throughwalls.
I copied that IP address into a new tab but the session basically hung (i.e. the NetGear management window did not appear).
Any ideas as to what may be wrong?
Cheers.

throughwalls

Post by throughwalls »

What is the ip address of your gargoyle and of your netgear?

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

If its in bridge mode (modem mode) you're probably seeing the external ip address for your internet connection when you look at the gargoyle wan ip address. Unless you had the netgear set up to allow remote access (not advisable) this wont work I don't think.

If the netgear's ip address used to be 192.168.0.1 (default I think) try using that but if your gargoyle router is in the same subnet (192.168.0.x) this wont work . Let us know if this is the case and we can try something else.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Please post a screen shot of your status page. Also did you read the Wiki? There is an article on this subject. Search for 'ADSL Modem'.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM