1.6 Repeater DHCP/DNS issues

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Tank_Killer

1.6 Repeater DHCP/DNS issues

Post by Tank_Killer »

I have a wndr3700 v1 with 1.6 on it. I cant get it to hand proper addresses to my devices. I set the static IP in my networks range, and the repeater shows up in the attached devices list on my gateway OK. It seems it wont hand the DNS from my gateway over when I set "use gateways DNS". so I set my ISP's DNS in the repeater manually, doesn't work. If I set googles DNS 8.8.8.8 it works for some reason. But googles DNS is super slow for me, I want to use my ISP's DNS servers.

I have defaulted the router from the GUI and with the reset button many times with no result.

Any help?

Tank_Killer

Re: 1.6 Repeater DHCP/DNS issues

Post by Tank_Killer »

unfortunately 1.5.11 does the same for me :( wont hand devices an ip address. But it is on the gateway, I can still access the admin page from a wireless connected to the root bridge (wireless on the gateway router).

Tank_Killer

Re: 1.6 Repeater DHCP/DNS issues

Post by Tank_Killer »

so I guess the gateway/router my ISP has given me Cisco DPC3825 has either no DNS relay or has problems with static IP's on the LAN talking with the DNS servers through NAT. I have found some other devices on my network exhibit similar behavior when I set a static IP, but when set to DHCP works fine.

Anyway, is there a way I can set my gargoyle repeater to take an address handed by my router/gateway with DHCP instead of static ip?

Is this a feature maybe that can be added?

thanks!