TP WR741ND ver. 2.4 and Gargoyle 1.5.10 freezing

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

rhuantavan

TP WR741ND ver. 2.4 and Gargoyle 1.5.10 freezing

Post by rhuantavan »

I have a TP WR741ND ver. 2.4 with Gargoyle 1.5.10 updated from 1.4.7 after the following symptoms kept occurring:
Roughly every 24 hours I have to reboot the router because internet seems to be off and I also cannot access its ip address. This has been happening for four days in a row.

The router is connected via the WAN port to an optical modem (Prospero 632) and is configured as a gateway connecting to the internet via pppoe (I have a static ip). The router is also configured as a wireless ap. I have some port forwarding set up, otherwise it is in its defaults.

I've installed gargoyle_1.5.10-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr741nd-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin on it. Is this the right version for this router?

Thanks!

demoralized

Re: TP WR741ND ver. 2.4 and Gargoyle 1.5.10 freezing

Post by demoralized »

My router frozze also after 5 days.

Using it as AP via PPPoE (ISP modem Ganymede 822+).

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Quick fix would be to configure it to reboot everyday.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

ektus

Post by ektus »

ericwong wrote:Quick fix would be to configure it to reboot everyday.
I've got similar problems with my TP-Link TL-WR941N/ND v2. It's running in Wireless Bridge/Repeater mode, the bridge is used to stream the signal from an IP camera to the recording device. It doesn't show the data rate as that one is WAN only (why?), but data from the NAS indicates it should be approximately 1MB/s. I've set the WR941ND to reboot daily, and the number of freezes is reduced greatly.

Regards
Ektus.