DHCP question / Can I exclude certain MAC addresses

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

mgpaulus

DHCP question / Can I exclude certain MAC addresses

Post by mgpaulus »

I currently have a mythtv system that has some extenders attached. Because of the extenders and their use of tftp, I have my network dhcp server running on that box. Well, I recently had a hardware problem on that box, and the hardware piece I've replaced isn't quite as stable, causing a system lockup every 2 days or so. The side effect of this is that all the house laptops stop connecting because they can't get a valid IP.

So, for a long term fix, I think I would like to enable the DHCP server on my WNDR3700. However, I would like to not have my extenders get IP addresses from the WNDR3700. I was wondering if there is a way to exclude certain MAC addresses from being handled by my router, and then have my mythtv box handle only those MAC addresses? I know the mac addresses for the extenders because I had to set up some special tftp loading rules for them already.

Thanks,

Mark

raz

Re: DHCP question / Can I exclude certain MAC addresses

Post by raz »

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but on the config page, under Connection -> Basic -- you have a "Wireless MAC Filter" option.

Check it out.