Random internet disconnects

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

pdjw

Random internet disconnects

Post by pdjw »

I'm using Gargoyle 1.4.7 on a WRT54GL v1.1

Devices that connect via wireless seem to lose their internet connection at apparently random times, though often still claiming to be connected to the wireless. Hard wired devices connect to the internet fine. A router reboot usually fixes it, but is a bit of a pain.

Sometimes when this happens the Gargoyle 'connected hosts' page shows the devices still connected, occasionally it loses them all.

Any suggestions for debugging or fixing this?

Thanks
J

pbix
Developer

Re: Random internet disconnects

Post by pbix »

How long has this situation been going on?

There are no reports of this from other users that I have seen. I suspect your hardware may have an issue.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

mix

Post by mix »

This is a bug in the b43 wireless driver. Pretty much everyone with a broadcom router has it in some form or another. The b43 developers are looking for the problem.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

pdjw

Post by pdjw »

The situation has been going on periodically since I loaded Gargoyle in July. I note there are sporadic references to this elsewhere on the forum. I started with the latest v1.53, then tried downgrading to 1.4.7, but it didn't improve it. Router worked impeccably on Tomato, but that doesn't have the quota management.

I've improved the situation a little by scheduling daily reboots, but it still falls over once a week or thereabouts.

J

lerim

Post by lerim »

I think we have the same issue.
We found out that it was the DHCP Lease Time but even if we put higher lease time it still disconnect every wifi connections.
We just have to hard reboot the router and start again.