DHCP not working for wireless users (WRT54GL)

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

mrashid

DHCP not working for wireless users (WRT54GL)

Post by mrashid »

the dhcp is working fine on the LAN. but users over wireless cant connect to the router though i have no password in use.

any idea?

ispyisail

Re: DHCP not working for wireless users (WRT54GL)

Post by ispyisail »

So, with the announcement that the older Broadcom devices are no longer supported with the Attitude Adjustment Openwrt 12.09, what does the future hold for Gargoyle?
First, it's not so much that these devices are unsupported, as that they are going to have rather slow performance with the latest builds if they only have 16MB or memory/ 200MHz CPU. Even though the brcm-2.4 target is deprecated the brcm47xx target will still build images for these routers... it's just that they might run rather slow because of the old hardware. The brcm-2.4 target was actually deprecated a while ago, we've been releasing brcm47xx targets for these routers since before the 1.4.0 stable release.

mix

Post by mix »

You really think the guy who posted this last month was talking about the 1.5.7 build which came out a few days ago? This guy is describing exactly the problem probably 25+ other people including myself have reported in the past with b43 not working correctly. No one has a fix, because there isn't a fix... yet. Only rebooting the router temporarily fixes it.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I don't know the answer

I was just hinting that support for these routers maybe on the way out.