TL-WR1043ND Non-Wireless Bridge Mode

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

franklin

TL-WR1043ND Non-Wireless Bridge Mode

Post by franklin »

Hi Everyone. I'm new to Gargoyle and was looking to get some assistance on the following please:

Hardware Ver: 1.8
Gargoyle Ver: 1.5.4

I would like this device to be in Bridge Mode if possible with this firmware.
I already have another Gateway that has the DHCP Server etc. In the past all I would have to do is Disable DHCP and NAT,plug Ethernet cable into port 4 and setup AP and good to go. I've tried turning off the DHCP in Gui, plugging into port 4, and setting up AP. Doesn't appear to be working correctly.

I apologize if my terminology isn't correct and/or if this has been previously discussed and didn't see it. I've looked on the forum and will continue to do so along with good ole Google.

Thanks in advance :D

LiQz0r

Re: TL-WR1043ND Non-Wireless Bridge Mode

Post by LiQz0r »

Hey!

I bought the same router thinking I could just connect my old router to the WAN port on the TL-WR1043ND and everything would be smooth sailing from there on, but after hours of struggling I finally gave up when I came across this page:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd.

It seems there's some issues with TL-WR1043ND using hardware v1.8 and it's WAN-port, but you could bridge it wirelessly (I tried that when I was testing my setup and I got it working). However I wasn't able to get the wired bridge mode working :(

If you're interested in the wireless bridge, take a look here:
http://www.cori-celesti.org/phpbb/viewt ... 391#p11346

Hope this helps!

franklin

Post by franklin »

Thanks for responding to my inquiry. Unfortunately, when it takes days to get answers I have no other choice but to find something else. I find Gargoyle to be an incomplete project for router in question. I was able to use DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std (SVN revision 14896). No problems running in bridge mode what so ever. I've been running ddwrt for approximately 2 days with no issues. I'm sorry Gargoyle but you just didn't have my needs covered in more than one way.

However, when I did try the router in non-ethernet bridge mode everything seemed to work fine. I think I was running Ver 1.5.2. I think these forums should make it mandatory to have all users post the software and hardware credentials. Thanks everyone for your assistance in this matter. :ugeek:

Hanselan-DE

Post by Hanselan-DE »

Yep exactly this results to my feature request for gargoyle. You cannot have a wired (L2) switch or (L3) router without a wireless bridge. In dd-wrt you can configure this separated, in gargoyle this feature is missing up to 1.5.7.
I hope this will be implementet soon, cause dd-wrt use an ugly wifi driver that wont work with lots of devices.

At the moment i have configured gateway and use all 4 switch ports, the wan port is unusable cause there is nat enforced. Unaable to use simply routing, or firewall or qos there.

Hanselan-DE