1.4.1: client bridge not as stable as 1.3.x

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

mkc2lr

1.4.1: client bridge not as stable as 1.3.x

Post by mkc2lr »

Hello,

I just upgraded from 1.3.16 to 1.4.1 and experienced problems with the client bridge mode on my TP-LINK 741. I started with low 1.3. numbers a few months ago and experienced Gargoyle as the only free firmware which could establish a stable client bridge with the 741. This worked at least up to 1.3.16.
With 1.4.1 the connection fails after a few seconds. It seems that the 741 still has a connection, but doesn't route it to the LAN ports. If I turn it off an on, the connections works again for a short time.

I've also observed that the RAM usage with 1.4.1 shows a severe drop against the old versions !? (This might be not a problem)

I hope, this can be fixed again in one of the next versions. Funny that the stable version isn't as stable as the experimental one...

Cheers,
Christof

hnl_dk

Re: 1.4.1: client bridge not as stable as 1.3.x

Post by hnl_dk »

Try to downgrade to 1.4.0. There have been reported some bugs in 1.4.1.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

Adri

Post by Adri »

mkc2lr wrote:Hello,

I just upgraded from 1.3.16 to 1.4.1 and experienced problems with the client bridge mode on my TP-LINK 741. I started with low 1.3. numbers a few months ago and experienced Gargoyle as the only free firmware which could establish a stable client bridge with the 741. This worked at least up to 1.3.16.
With 1.4.1 the connection fails after a few seconds. It seems that the 741 still has a connection, but doesn't route it to the LAN ports. If I turn it off an on, the connections works again for a short time.

I've also observed that the RAM usage with 1.4.1 shows a severe drop against the old versions !? (This might be not a problem)

I hope, this can be fixed again in one of the next versions. Funny that the stable version isn't as stable as the experimental one...

Cheers,
Christof
I have had similar problems on a LinkSys WRT160NL in client bridge mode.
The client would stay connected to the AP, but after some time gargyole just seems to stop routing packets.

Adri.

mkc2lr

Post by mkc2lr »

Gents,

thanks for your answers. Today's release 1.4.2 seems to solve the issue. At least it's much better. I could not reproduce the problem with 1.4.2 again.

Great job developers, thanks !

Cheers,
Christof