Linksys ea6350 V3 wireless problems

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

denisr

Linksys ea6350 V3 wireless problems

Post by denisr »

Good afternoon, I have installed Gargoyle on a linksys ea6350 V3 which is an experimental build https://github.com/aimacintyre/gargoyle ... x-20211231

The Router is very stable but the wifi in both 2.4 and 5.0 is terrible in terms of signal and stability, so I had to return to the factory version which does not have such problems.

Anyone else with this problem???? any solution???

Thanks

pythonic

Re: Linksys ea6350 V3 wireless problems

Post by pythonic »

My earlier advice I believe still stands - trying to replace the ath10k-ct packages with the ath10k packages is about the only thing that might improve things for you, unless you can find any OpenWrt wireless related setting used in NoTengoBattery's OpenWrt build that may be helping the behaviour with that firmware (and even in that case you're going to have to make the changes yourself to test them if no-one else is having the problems you are).

If you can set up a webserver in your network to host the packages, you can then set the firmware to use that webserver as the package repository and that would make it relatively easy to remove the ath10k-ct packages and add the ath10k packages (but I suggest disabling both radios first then re-enabling them after the ath10k packages are installed to avoid unwanted complications).

denisr

Re: Linksys ea6350 V3 wireless problems

Post by denisr »

Thank you very much, sorry for the question, I'm a newbie, how do I edit and replace the ath10k packages???

Thanks