WDR4300 as Wireless Bridge can't get IP sometimes

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Drake29a

WDR4300 as Wireless Bridge can't get IP sometimes

Post by Drake29a »

Hello there, I am using my old WDR4300 as wireless bridge, because one of my devices need wired connection, and I can't get cable through whole house :D

Device Name:Gargoyle Gargoyle Version:1.12.0
Model: TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1
Device Configuration: Wireless Bridge/Repeater

Bridge IP: 192.168.100.1
AP/Gateway IP: 192.168.2.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Wan Ethernet Port: Disable
DNS Servers: Use Gateway As DNS Server

The network is usually working, and I can connect to router with wire, or wireless connection, but from time to time it just stops working, and then when I try to connect with phone it says that it failed to obtain ip address. Refresh using dhcp on wired connection doesn't work too.

It seems that everything is back to normal after router reboot, but I can't reboot it every few hours... or every day.

There is another hint. It seems that my main router is restarting from time to time, and after that, my WDR4300 (Gargoyle) fails to connect to it, until it's explicitly rebooted.

ektus

Re: WDR4300 as Wireless Bridge can't get IP sometimes

Post by ektus »

I'd try installing the ping watchdog on the WDR4300, set the main router's IP as target and issue the command "wifi" as action (or restart wifi might be in the list of pre-definded commands).

Drake29a

Re: WDR4300 as Wireless Bridge can't get IP sometimes

Post by Drake29a »

Currently switched WDR4300 to OpenWrt, but the problem could be caused by my main RT-AX55, recently I moved to neighbourhood without public IP address, and router was crazy trying to setup DDNS. As it is working now, I won't touch it anymore, at least until i have more time for tinkering.