Wireless Bridge not working on Nexx WT3020 with 1.12.0

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

whats_up_skip

Wireless Bridge not working on Nexx WT3020 with 1.12.0

Post by whats_up_skip »

I had the Nexx WT3020 working as a wireless bridge on V1.10.0, but it would not work in this mode on V1.12.0.

I ended up flashing back to V1.10.0 and it starting working again.

I realise this is very old limited hardware, so it isn't worth worrying about fixing this problem. This note is as much for anyone else that happens to hit this problem.

Thanks again to all the ongoing development of this project.

Lantis

Re: Wireless Bridge not working on Nexx WT3020 with 1.12.0

Post by Lantis »

The way bridges were implemented may have changed between 1.10 and 1.12.
Did you carefully read the instructions when setting it up? Particularly around whether the IP needs to be inside or outside the AP subnet.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

whats_up_skip

Post by whats_up_skip »

I read some of your posts regarding the configuration of the bridge with 1.12.0. I believe I did it the correct way. I also read some other posts and guides about it. From my understanding you need to have the client gargoyle router outside the AP IP subnet for both V1.10.0 and V1.12.0.

With V1.10.0 I can't actually access the client Gargoyle router from my Windows 10 machine, even when I assign a fixed IP address in the same range of the client router. I suspect the only way I can look at the current V1.10.0 settings is by doing a client router reset and configuring again.

Thank you for your interest and assistance.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

If the change to relayd was before 1.10 (and i honestly don't remember) then there should be functionally no difference between 1.10 and 1.12.

You should be able to access the settings from the client IP that it receives from the upstream AP.
Failing this, setting an IP in the Bridge IP subnet manually and connecting via LAN should be possible.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.