Gateway not working as assign

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Apoup

Gateway not working as assign

Post by Apoup »

Hello everyone,

I have perform a Firmware upgrade to a TL-WR1043ND V1 which I did use Firmware gargoyle_1.12.0-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
I am using this router as an Access Point connected with an Ethernet cable
My settings network address are:
Static IP: 10.0.0.4
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.1
When I am connected with Ethernet or Wifi Ipconfig shows as this example:

IP: 10.0.0.120
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.4 instead of 10.0.0.1
I do not understand why when I am connected to this Gargoyle Firmware Router , The Gateway of my Ethernet or Wifi Card are set to 10.0.0.4 . This is affecting all my Entire Network with other Router or access point in line.

Is there someone who can help me please?

Lantis

Re: Gateway not working as assign

Post by Lantis »

That is how the default settings work. Is it causing you any particular issue or are you just wanting to understand why?

You can tell Gargoyle to advertise a different address as the gateway IP over DHCP, but this configuration is not supported via the GUI (command line only).
See the "dhcp_option" parameter here: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/bas ... dhcp_pools
For setting the gateway, i think it is "option 3"
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Apoup

Post by Apoup »

Hello Lantis,
Thank you for your quick reply,
You are asking( Is it causing you any particular issue or are you just wanting to understand why?)
Yes this is causing me a serious problem with all new wifi interconnection that are no longer connect to the internet because that they are not in the same gateway 10.0.0.1 of my main Internet router.
That default setting bounce back into all my internet network that are normaly work fine.
I am using 3 router on the same Network Gateway 10.0.0.1 with as individual Static Router IP as follow Router1: 10.0.0.1, Router2 10.0.0.2 and Router3 10.0.0.3.
Is there an easy way to make sure that Gargoyle Firmware WD1043 will stay set to the wanted Gateway 10.0.0.1 not as it is right now because the gateway address turn back exactly to any of the preset Static Router IP
Example: Static IP : 10.0.0.3 Gateway set to : 10.0.0.1
An Ipad connected to this Gargoyle (AP) will be set with this following: IP: 10.0.0.(100-200) and Gateway 10.0.0.3 instead of 10.0.0.1 therefore not internet

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Can you please show a screenshot of your Connection -> Basic page
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.