menards.com blocked - don't know why...

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

kwoody51

menards.com blocked - don't know why...

Post by kwoody51 »

Very random question but for some reason I can't access menards.com via any device on my home network. iPhone, iPad or iMac via safari or work PC via chrome, nothing will work.

If I use work VPN then I can access menards.com via my work PC.

I'm not a network wizard but I see nothing turned on for firewall in Gargoyle GUI on my router. I honestly just installed for bandwidth tracking and not really messed with anything else.

I did a restart of my modem and of my router, no change to the access to this site.

Any thoughts?

I can't tell you the last time it worked but know it did. I did install a new SB8200 modem last night activated with Comcast, because I updated my speed. Not sure if that matters but wanted to share.

Thanks!

Lantis

Re: menards.com blocked - don't know why...

Post by Lantis »

Points to a DNS issue i would think. For what it is worth, no issues with access on my end.

The following commands run on the PC would be diagnostically relevant:
ping menards.com

nslookup menards.com

nslookup menards.com 8.8.8.8

traceroute menards.com

Running the same from the Gargoyle router CLI would also be interesting.
Are you just using your ISPs DNS servers or something else?
Have you tried bypassing Gargoyle and going straight to modem to check that the same issue is/isn't present?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

kwoody51

Re: menards.com blocked - don't know why...

Post by kwoody51 »

I have no idea what happened overnight but all seems back to normal now.

I am using my ISP's DNS... don't know how to do any differently :)

I'll reach back out if something changes. It's odd that it didn't work and now does but honestly I don't care so long as it stays working.