2.4GHz Slow Archer C7 v2 1.11.0

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

SuperLid

2.4GHz Slow Archer C7 v2 1.11.0

Post by SuperLid »

I have a TL-1043NDv1.8 that has been plagued with lockups requiring reset for some time now. It is configured as a standalone wireless bridge on 2.4GHz, using 3 directional antennas. I tried pretty much every third party firmware I could, as well as what others were claiming to be stable on this device. Nothing worked as it should, or even close to that. I installed 1.11.0 a few days ago and I have better results as of now. I have also tried to get the Archer C7 v2 to do the same function, to displace the 1043ND, but no luck. The Archer C7 is so much slower than the 1043ND using the same settings. I performed comparison speed tests using both ethernet from the bridge LAN and wifi from the secondary router with same results.

Wireless Client Bridge, 2.4GHz (B+G+N), 20 MHz channel BW, no repeater, same RF channel, no QoS.

One would think that the C7 would outperform the 1043ND, but it isn't and I have not been able to determine why.

Is there a known version that would work better on the C7 for me in this application ? Perhaps some setting(s) I have overlooked?

Thanks!

Lantis

Re: 2.4GHz Slow Archer C7 v2 1.11.0

Post by Lantis »

For the Archer, the latest version would be best.
What numbers are you talking about when you say bad performance?

What are you getting and what are you expecting?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

SuperLid

Post by SuperLid »

I think it's moot at his point, as I tried to flash the C7 back to stock with stripped bin via TFTP and it is bricked. I spent half the day trying to unbrick it and nothing has worked thus far.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

serial cable

SuperLid

Post by SuperLid »

I believe I now know why the router was slow. The antenna connectors are only fpr the 5.8 GHz radios. I was connecting to the main router with internal antennas. I discovered this when I opened the unit to install JTAG and serial headers, for the de-brick attempt.