Random behavior of port forwarding after upgrade to V1.12 - Identified as wrong local IP lookup by aruljohn.com

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

cr1cr1

Re: Random behavior of port forwarding after upgrade to V1.12 - Identified as wrong local IP lookup by aruljohn.com

Post by cr1cr1 »

Hi,
I'm coming back with this issue because I just changed my ISP and got FTTH up & running... Drawbacks are:
- I'll need to replace my good'old WNDR3700v2 with a more powerfull router :lol:
- No more DynDNS management directly available with my ISP box :o

So I used Gargoyle again as a workaround. And after having browsed the logs, I've seen that all dyndns requests are properly managed but those to aruljohn.com.

Is there a way to blacklist aruljohn.com?

Lantis

Re: Random behavior of port forwarding after upgrade to V1.12 - Identified as wrong local IP lookup by aruljohn.com

Post by Lantis »

And until then, as I said earlier in this thread
viewtopic.php?p=56127#p56127
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

cr1cr1

Post by cr1cr1 »

Great news for the forthcoming update of check_local_ip_urls.c

Yes @Lantis I had seen your link, I was not feeling like recompiling Gargoyle then. Now, why not!
Best,

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

My post linked to a solution that didn't need recompiling lol.
But, recompiling is the better method!
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

cr1cr1

Post by cr1cr1 »

I read too fast! It was so simple to restrict the aruljohn.com domain in dnsmasq.conf. Exactly what I wanted to do...
Thanks!