WNDR3700V4 Wireless Dropouts

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

whataboutnow

WNDR3700V4 Wireless Dropouts

Post by whataboutnow »

Hello :)

Firstly, thanks for the work. Appreciate it. I've used gargoyle exclusively now for years and while I'm not a power user by any means, I've got a fairly decent understanding of it and I can make it do all the things I need it to do.

Thing is, I'm running 1.10 on a WNDR3700V4. Been faultless for a long time. Now though, it seems as if my wireless is just 'dying'. I lose connectivity to all my wireless devices. WAN looks fine VPN server still runs fine and can connect to it, but no Wi-Fi. Does anyone have any pointers or experienced this with this model.

Everything comes back after a reboot. I haven't been able to work out what might be causing it. Could my hardware just be bearing the end of it's life?

And can you point me to the simplest way to get to the logs to assist me? I did try a while ago to update to 1.11 but something wasn't right and it was just bootlooping so went back to 1.10 (clean config, no restore)
I plan on updating to 1.12 ASAP but I can't do that just yet.

Many thanks 👍

Lantis

Re: WNDR3700V4 Wireless Dropouts

Post by Lantis »

This post should help you retrieve the logs using "logread"
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8505
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

whataboutnow

Re: WNDR3700V4 Wireless Dropouts

Post by whataboutnow »

thanks for that, picked a few things up from that page
the solution was pretty simple after all, i installed "logread for Gargoyle" plugin and now the GUI has has a new entry System > System Logs which gives me access to all I need for now.

Saying that, my wireless hasn't disconnected once since i moved to 1.12 so i might have just been a corrupt config causing the issue previously.

thanks again :)