Can I configure Gargoyle as an access point?

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

uysiquebien

Can I configure Gargoyle as an access point?

Post by uysiquebien »

All I see in Connection is two modes: Gateway (which creates a double NAT situation, a LAN that connects to a LAN that connects to the WAN) or Wireless Bridge/Repeater (which does not seem to work if the router with Gargoyle is connected via wire to the other router).

I want the usual access point arrangement: Gargoyle takes part of the LAN of my ADSL router, and everything that connects to Gargoyle is simply bridged, without creating an additional LAN.

I hope I have explained myself properly. I am running 1.10.0. Thanks!

Lantis

Re: Can I configure Gargoyle as an access point?

Post by Lantis »

Select Gateway, and then Connect Via: disabled.
Then setup your AP as needed.

Note that in this configuration most of the Gargoyle features will not function.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

uysiquebien

Post by uysiquebien »

Yes, I understand that most stuff like traffic graphs, QoS, etc won't work.

I connected my ADSL router to the WAN port of my Gargoyle router, so I had to set "WAN Ethernet Port" to "Bridge to LAN".

Thanks

tapper

Post by tapper »

Hi I would recommend using OpenWrt for a AP. That's what I do.

Gargoyle for my mane router and OpenWrt for WAPS. In my WAPS I disable all the things I don't use like firewall, dnsmasq, odhcp loging and cron. Infact in builds I have made my self I have even removed opkg and luci. When OpenWrt is updated I just roll A new build and then sysupgrade over ssh. I can get a build for my wrt1900ac down to about 4 m
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260