Archer C6 AC1200 PPPOE Problem

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Lo0odak

Archer C6 AC1200 PPPOE Problem

Post by Lo0odak »

Hello,I've bought this router yesterday,wanted to have gigabit ports and faster wifi network. Problem starts here: Connected from my ISP modem(ZTE Gigabit ort) to wan port,ISP using PPPOE protocol,so I just entered my username and password,getting IP with no problems,but weird thing happens when i try to play 4k video,speedtest,download something it just stop working and "e" light going from green to orange,so internet just stop working,also on speedtest i'm getting 10/8Mbps and it should be 100/30.
Tested on friends network,he has modem which gets PPPOE and router using Dynamic IP protocol for connecting and my C6 shows 220/20 speed normally as it should be which is max connection he have at home.

BTW,on my old TP Link WR740N,with same settings it working fine,atleast it has limit on 94/30Mbps,but working just fine with no bugs. What i can do,while waiting ISP to change their modem,then i can set Dynamic IP for protocol?
Or i have to wait for TP-Link to fix it with new firmware,which is unavailable atm.

Lantis

Re: Archer C6 AC1200 PPPOE Problem

Post by Lantis »

What version of Gargoyle is running on the C6?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Lo0odak

Post by Lo0odak »

Lantis wrote:What version of Gargoyle is running on the C6?
Hey,there's no Gargoyle software on it yet?I mean these problems are on stock firmware,so just wanted to see if anyone had similar problem or something like that. Sorry if i posted on wrong forum or category :)

And again,it has bug only when need to connect via PPPOE,on friends network is Dynamic IP protocol,working just fine.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Please seek support at the appropriate manufacturer forum.
This will help your question get the appropriate visibility with the appropriate audiences that might be able to help you.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.