New device does not see gargoyle's WiFi

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

fifonik

New device does not see gargoyle's WiFi

Post by fifonik »

Just bought a new Kobo Aura H2O eBook reader and it does not see the WRT1200AC with Gargoyle's 1.11.0 WiFi at all. It sees a lot of other networks. No anything unusual (& related to the device MAC) in router's log.

Network is not hidden. It is restricted by list of MAC (and I added the device's MAC on the list and tripple checked it already). If I remember correctly, if the MAC is not on the list the device sees the network, but could not connect. In this case it is different. No network displayed and I cannot connect if the network name is entered manually.

All other mobile devices (mobiles, tablets etc including old Kobo Glo eBook) does not have any issues with the WiFi.
I tried to set wmm to 0 and enable Guest network.

Anything else I missed other than to try to upgrade to 1.11.x? (I'm going to do this at the end of the closest billing cycle as I do not want to lose quota usage in the middle).

Thanks.
Last edited by fifonik on Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fifonik

Re: New device does not see gargoyle's WiFi

Post by fifonik »

UPDATE:
Looks like this is the issue I have (last post in the thread, the device is different, however looks like it has the same CPU as mine):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showt ... p?t=319829

My network was visible on first boot. However, I did not know the device MAC then. So I ended up connecting it to desktop and set it up this way. It auto-updated and rebooted. Only then I was able to see the MAC and put it on router's white list.
Since then my WiFi network was not visible.

Will try to follow the thread and update the wireless config manually.

UPDATE:
As per the link, the issue was fixed by adding into /etc/conf/wireless the following lines:

Code: Select all

list 'supported_rates' '1000 2000 5500 11000 6000 9000 12000 18000 24000 36000 48000 54000'
    list 'basic_rate' '1000 2000 5500 11000' 
Aly clues how to find default supported/basic rates?