Linksys WRT32X Smart Switch/Plug Issue

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RomanHK

Re: Linksys WRT32X Smart Switch/Plug Issue

Post by RomanHK »

Yes, there is a limit of 50 devices by default, so set it as follows:Image
Turris Omnia with OpenWrt 21.02 - Tested
Linksys WRT3200ACM with Gargoyle 1.13.x
TL-WR1043ND v2 with Gargoyle 1.10.0

http://gargoyle.romanhk.cz custom builds by gargoyle users

foiltravis

Post by foiltravis »

RomanHK: Thanks for the reply! I had already changed that. It looks like yours (192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.249). I don't think it makes any difference but I also have all my devices listed as Static Assignments, they start at 192.168.1.4 and go up.
Texas, USA
Netgear WNDR4300 / Gargoyle
Netgear WNDR4500V3 / Stock
Linksys WRT32X / Gargoyle

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

So sorry, the limit is really 150 devices. My fault :oops: .

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

Try to do a test with WMM and without WMM if this is not the result of disabling this feature.

P.S. If the Android device is disconnecting, you may have the sleep function turned on. Check the settings.

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

If you're using Gargoyle 1.11.0, it has a bug in the Guest WiFi network: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11947 .
Therefore, use the new build 1.11.X from @ispyisail here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12020

foiltravis

Post by foiltravis »

RomanHK: The 1.11.x code seems to have done the trick. All of my networks are now working and by using the set wireless command on my guest network all of my IOT devices are also working. Thanks for all of your help!!! It was painful getting here but I really like this router and Gargoyle.

My thanks also to Lantis and ROG66. You all ROCK!!
Texas, USA
Netgear WNDR4300 / Gargoyle
Netgear WNDR4500V3 / Stock
Linksys WRT32X / Gargoyle

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

Glad you got it sorted - I was really frustrated when I bought my smartsockets and bulbs and it took me several months (and Gargoyle 1.11) to get to this solution - now back to my favourite firmware so very happy :-)

dafez

Post by dafez »

I'm also running into the same issue on this end with the latest Gargoyle build on my WRT32X

I've had to move my dad in with me who has lost their mobility due to a stroke so now I got some smart plugs / switches to enable them to control things from their phone....sadly, I'm experiencing the same kinds of issues with connections dropping / not working.

I have a TP-Link router kicking around with Gargoyle on it as well.

Is it possible to still have my 32X as the "main" router with all the static DHCP assignments and then set up the TP-Link router for my dad so he can access internet via that router and still control the smart switches in the house?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

A wired connection makes this easy.
Set the other router to connect via disabled and disable DHCP. Connect a cable to the LAN port and set up wireless with a special SSID.

If wired backhaul is it possible you may need to use bridge mode or DHCP wireless depending on whether you need the same subnet
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

carverofchoice

Post by carverofchoice »

I want to thank everyone in this thread. I spent over 15 hours trying to figure out why my IOT "Wyze Bulbs" would not activate through this gargoyle router (Linksys WRT32X), but it could on other routers (though SOME other IOT devices would activate and work on this router, just not others). I tried every possible setting change I could, nothing worked. Frustrated to death...

Finally stumbled on this thread, created a guest network and ran the code:

Code: Select all

uci set wireless.ap_gn_g.wmm=0
uci commit wireless
wifi
IT WORKED! The issue is all fixed! After 15 hours of trying basically every possible thing multiple times it finally works! THANK YOU, seriously.

Weird that it doesn't just allow everything to work smoothly like every other router. Is it a Linksys-WRT32X-specific hardware issue, or a general Gargoyle issue that can be fixed in the future? Regardless, at least I can finally use it. THANK YOU!!!