How to configure for Client ONLY mode in Wireless section.

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

calee4nyaboy

How to configure for Client ONLY mode in Wireless section.

Post by calee4nyaboy »

I have a D-Link DIR-601, Rev A1. I've had DD-WRT on it for a long time running in wireless Client ONLY mode (not client BRIDGE). I installed the latest compatible version of Gargoyle for this router (Ver 1.5.10) but when I go in to configure the wireless, I don't see Client ONLY mode as an option. I only see Client BRIDGE mode. Not sure if Client ONLY mode is called something else in this firmware or if it's not offered?

Is there a way to configure it for Client ONLY mode like you can in DD-WRT?

Thank you!

Lantis

Re: How to configure for Client ONLY mode in Wireless section.

Post by Lantis »

I've never used any of the firmwares that old, but these days the setting is "DHCP Wireless". I hope that assists.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

calee4nyaboy

Post by calee4nyaboy »

I found two settings under "Gateway (Default)" that said:
Connect via:
DHCP (wireless)
Static IP (wireless)

I'm assuming these are the settings you mean. Both would connect in a "client" fashion? Aren't these two settings specifically designed to be on a separate subnet? Because Client BRIDGE is supposed to be on the same subnet, right?
Thanks

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

That is correct. You will end up with the LAN segment on a separate subnet, as opposed to a bridge where they will be one and the same.

And yes either of those settings will work (DHCP being a little easier to setup and manage in my opinion)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

calee4nyaboy

Post by calee4nyaboy »

Excellent. Thank you for your support!