WiFi print server

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Eduard

WiFi print server

Post by Eduard »

Hi. Help me. There is a router №1-Zyxel. IP: 192.168.10.1. Connected to the Internet via UTP. The computers are connected to Zyxel via LAN and Wi Fi. There is a router №2-D-Link DAP-1350 A1 with firmware gargoyle-1.10.0.3-ramips-dap-1350 W-squashfs-factory. A Canon LBP 2900 printer is connected to the D-Link DAP-1350 A1 router via USB. It is necessary to connect the router №1 and router №2 via WiFi, so that computers through the router Zyxel could print on a printer Canon LBP2900, which is connected via USB to the router D-Link DAP-1350 A1 with Gargoyle firmware. Internet, LAN and WiFi repeater are not required on D-Link DAP-1350 A1 router. Requires WiFi print server. Tried different settings. Nothing works. I must be doing something wrong. I just don't know what it is. I tried dancing with a tambourine. Not help. Please write a step-by-step instruction on setting up WiFi print server.

ispyisail

Re: WiFi print server

Post by ispyisail »

This post reads like a spam post?

ektus

Post by ektus »

I'd say it's genuine. No links or advertisement, are there?

The OP wants to use a gargoyle router connected to a USB printer to wirelessly connect said printer to his home network. So first thing would be to connect the D-Link via wireless bridge to the Zyxel, and then configure the USB print server on the D-Link. Can't help with the latter, though, as my printers are either ancient parallel port devices or modern ones with network ports.

With older versions of Gargoyle, all devices had to be on the same subnet, including the Gargoyle router. Lately, there's been a change so that the management IP of the Gargoyle router must be on a different subnet. Haven't used this option yet, though.

Regards
Ektus.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

had to draw a diagram

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

yep tricky

https://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/do ... e_repeater

Note: With "Wireless Bridge/Repeater" mode you need a solid wifi connection. If the connection drops bad things happen.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

OpenVPN is also an option

More steps but I think a more stable connection and also it will work from anywhere in the world. (any internet connection)

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Tried different settings. Nothing works. I must be doing something wrong. I just don't know what it is. I tried dancing with a tambourine. Not help. Please write a step-by-step instruction on setting up WiFi print server.
Unlikey to get a step-by-step but keep posting and we can talk you through it.

Eduard

Post by Eduard »

Hello.
This is not spam. I'm really having trouble adjusting. I drew a diagram of my home network. D-Link DAP-1350 A1 with firmware gargoyle settings:

Configure Device As: Wireless Bridge/Repeater.
Bridge IP: 192.168.1.1.
AP / Gateway IP: 192.168.49.1.
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0.
WAN Ethernet Port: Bridge To Lan.
DNS Servers: Use Gateway as DNS Server.

Connect Via Client Bridge.
Repeater: The Repeater Is Disabled.
Operation Mode: B+G+N.
Channel Width: 20 MHz.
Transmit Power: Max.
SSID to Join: Zyxel.
Wireless Channel: 12 (Zyxel router also has 12 channels).
Encryption: WPA2 PSK.
Password: ********.

The computers have static IP installed. Connected USB Flash to the DAP-1350 router. Computer sees USB Flash by FTP://192.168.1.1 if in LAN settings of the computer to add one more main gateway 192.168.10.50. The printer on IP 192.168.1.1 is not connected in any case. The printer on IP 192.168.10.50 is not connected in any case. Tried to establish Bridge IP: 192.168.10.50. The computer sees the USB Flash FTP://192.168.10.50. The printer on IP 192.168.10.50 is not connected. Help me set up correctly.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

You need to set things up in stages

First get your PC and printer to work via your Gargoyle router